A few years ago, fresh on the heels of Dan Brown‘s published novel The Da Vinci Code, I embarked on a three-week Global Perspective course in London, sponsored by the college I was attending at the time. I saw enrollment as a unique opportunity to study abroad while enjoying a bit of adventure and relaxation.
A few of my classmates (whom I met a week before the trip) had been reading The Da Vinci Code as well, so we decided to set out on a “decoding mission” while in London. Of course, we would do this on our own time. Needless to say,
it was a fun-filled adventure; of course it was a work of fiction–but what was the harm? Because many of the sites included in our course outline already included some of the places we planned to visit–The Temple Church for instance, the visit here became one of discovery. Would we be able to follow the clues to uncover the Holy Grail? I think not, but we had a lot of fun trying to. LOL
Yes, this venture was sheer indulgence, one with long-lasting cherished memories!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge (gleniswade.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge (maggiephotgraphy.wordpress.com)
- Photo a day – February 11, 2012, Temple Church, London (travelingwithkrushworth.wordpress.com)
- Photo a day – February 21, 2012, Temple Church, London (travelingwithkrushworth.wordpress.com)
- Temple Church (roundaboutlondon.wordpress.com)