Taken a few years ago, during my first (and hopefully, not last) trip to Paris this picture is one of my favorites, and was the first thing I thought of to fit the “distorted” theme of this week’s photo challenge. Taken from inside the museum, it shows a beautifully “distorted” view.
The pyramid, at the entrance of The Louvre Museum, was designed by I.M. Pei, and completed in 1989. It is a magnificent structure that takes your breath away when viewed from any angle, especially at night in its lighted splendor, spectacular!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (alexandraroman.com)
- Louvre museum drew in record 8.8 million visitors (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (ilovemandaue.wordpress.com)
- Prado Museum displays unique copy of the ‘Mona Lisa’ (cnn.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (nolagirlatheart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (annablakeblog.com)
- The Louvre is about to get smarter – with a little help from IBM (thenextweb.com)
- IBM Upgrades The Louvre, Makes It Europe’s First ‘Smarter Museum’ (webpronews.com)